Sunday, February 13, 2011


Just yesterday, my friend was telling me about viewing Guess Who's Coming to Dinner in her race class. This 1967 film was obviously groundbreaking in its depiction not only of an interracial relationship, but also of a black man who does not fit black stereotypes. However, over forty years later, "Where is equal racial representation in Hollywood?" is still a question unanswered. The New York Times published an article examining the dearth of diversity in this year's Oscar nomination party. You may want to check it out: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/13/movies/awardsseason/13movies.html

1 comment:

  1. Hey, just got your comment on my blog-- you're too sweet, thanks for the kind words and suggestion-- I love Manhattan Melodrama!

    Also, your blog is great! And getting on today is entirely too fortuitous, as I just watched GWCTD again yesterday and was just thinking about this subject. Will definitely check it out.

    Also, my blogger account's not always up-to-date, but I do have a Tumblr, if you're interested--
    juliettedee.tumblr.com

    have a lovely day! cheers.

    ReplyDelete